If this site and the below links intrigue you or you would like a complete CV, please contact me at email@example.com. Also, feel free to connect on LinkedIn. I’m presently available for freelance editing, writing, rewriting, transmedia consulting and speaking opportunities.
COMICS (published by Focal Press) explores the past, present, and future of the comics medium to give storytellers an understanding of comics’ unlimited storytelling potential and the practical tools to integrate comics into their own transmedia story experiences. The companion website, COMICSTORYWORLD, contains a blog, updated analyses, extended interviews, exclusive digital supplements and more.
My “experimental hole-in-the-wall speakeasy” where I tell a complete, pulp-infused tale of action, adventure, thrills, love, lust and more in two weeks from concept to completion to release. The first experiment, The Chimes of Baoding, a tale of a pickpocket with a fear of touch, is now available.
A transmedia story experience of family, forgery, death rays, secret codes, laundry chutes, and the Golden Age of Comics told through three interconnected novelettes, a 1940s radio show, and a comic book from 1938.
A teaching project in which I pushed the creative writing limits of sixth-grade students by giving them the same writing prompt and used it to teach them about the conventions of storytelling, theme, and character. We then published their stories online.
Additional short stories are available at STORIES.
More Than Storyboards: Swords, Sandals and Comics / Script Magazine
Contrary Evidence: An Interview With Carol Tilley / ComicStoryworld
Spoiler Alert: Fans, Foraging and the Superior Spider-Man / ComicStoryworld
Digging Deep: An Interview with Frank Rose / Mastering Film
How to Not Waste Your Time & Stay Sane / Jon Reiss Dot Com
Write On! From Cork Board to Brain and Vice Versa / Write On! Online
Additional writings are available on my PINTEREST WRITING PORTFOLIO.
INTERVIEWS & ARTICLES
• What Transmedia Producers Should Know About Comics: An Interview with Tyler Weaver (Part One) | (Part Two) / Henry Jenkins, Confessions of an ACA-Fan, February 25-27, 2013
• Transmedia in Schools and Libraries: Thoughts and Strategies from Tyler Weaver / The School Library Journal, February 7, 2013
• Teaching Transmedia with Comics: A Conversation with Tyler Weaver / The School Library Journal, February 6, 2013
• Exclusive: An Interview with Tyler Weaver, Author of Using Comics to Construct Your Transmedia Storyworld / Transmedia.ca, October 23, 2012
• Transmedia Storytelling: Tyler Weaver Talks Whiz!Bam!Pow! / Broken Frontier, June 26, 2012